Tuesday

1. Join a book club.


My Club M.O.M. group is trying to start a book club. In order for this to count I need to stick with it at least through one entire book! Give it a fair shot!! Our first book is "Babyproofing Your Marriage". We start around Sept. 13! I hope this is something I enjoy and want to continue...I miss reading! Although how-to books kind of bore me.


I'm going to check out the half-price bookstores in Houston while I'm there for this!

********** *********** ***********

Went to half-price today and not only found the book but they were having one of their "extra 20% off" days! Score! Now time to read a few chapters and see what this Book Club thing is all about!

********** ********** ***********
I've read the book and tonight is our first meeting. Too bad I'm sick and might not make it!!! Buuuut a couple of my friends are thinking about reading Mini Shopaholic. I might need to catch up by reading the other Shopaholic books!!
Thank goodness it's not another self-help book! Just some fun, light reading! Only 7 books in the series...I could definitely get into this I think! Plus there's a movie! LOL
***** ***** *****
Ok so the BPYM book club isn't really working out. Too many pregnant moms!! LOL! And I never did get around to buying Mini Shopaholic! However....a group of my friends has started the "Mama Margareaders"! Our first book is "With Friends Like These".
I really want this to work out! I love to read and I want to share that passion with others! But I'm already feeling a little left out of the group. I will push through though! I am known to be very sensitive!! Hopefully that is all it is!
***** ***** *****
We had our first "official" meeting last night. I think this could work! But I might also try to get an online one going for more fantasy books. But I want to keep going with this group. I like the moms. And last night I was reminded of why. We are all very different but alike in strange ways! Looking forward to more meetings! Next time I will need to take a picture so I can check this one off as complete!
****** ***** *****
Well the Mama Margareaders didn't work out either. Lisa went through a major life change and moved away rather abruptly. Turns out....she was the glue that held us together! Oh well!
Not one to give up without a fight....the AB's formed a separate book club! While we're not very good at reading the same book at the same time....we ARE good at sharing what we like and what we don't like!! Since traditional book clubs haven't worked well for me, this seems to be the compromise that does work!


***** COMPLETED ON FEBRUARY 7, 2011*****

No comments:

Post a Comment